Epiphany
I just had an epiphany. I've been saying for years that we aren't special, why act entitled when you're so small and insignificant? We don't matter.
However, I'm lying here, scrolling through social media and it hit me like a brick. Even if we're as small as a speck of dirt, we've made a difference. Every day, every interaction we have, it makes a difference. Complimenting someone's hair or their shirt, it made them feel good. Holding a door open, putting a bag of chips back in a store instead of leaving it in the craft section, paying for the person behind you in the drive-through. It all matters. Even if you feel invisible, even if you feel you don't matter.
We all play a role. Someone will miss you. We all matter... I need to learn this and keep practicing it. I've had a blip of healthy thinking, I've been trapped in depression for so long, I've forgotten how important living is. I need to keep going, because these epiphanies, these small moments, they're so refreshing. I don't think I wanna be stuck in a dark hole anymore...
Comments
Post a Comment