poetry 1
Fragile and clear. Completely see through, nothing to keep people out. Like a crisp leaf losing its color, I feel stripped. Completely bare for everyone to see. I'm vulnerable, my secrets are coming out, they're being exposed to those I want to hide from most. Their eyes are on me, beady and cold, I can feel their judgement, though not a word escapes their cold, pale lips. This feels like a nightmare, but I can't be dreaming, for the pounding of my heart and the ice in my veins feels too real. It's too real.
I can feel him looking at me, but I can't bring myself to turn to him. Oh what he must think of me, what a cruel fate to be subjected to. I never meant to hurt anyone, never meant to seal my fate this way, but here I am. The air is cold, the breeze biting at my pale, bare skin. I can't feel my fingers, though my entire body is lit up with fear.
The grey clouds hang hauntingly over head, the thunder rumbling in the distance. Lightning flashes, the glare presenting itself inside all these dark, empty eyes. My breath catches, a small bead of heat Sparks itself on my skin - Burning like fire, but extinguishing as quickly as it appeared. Everything blurs, nothing but the cloud of breath leaving my lips makes sense. Breath in... out.
My back grows warm, not like fire, but like a spark. It spreads, it feels as though something or someone is grazing my skin. Caressing it with such tenderness as though I were made of the most fragile porcelain. The world fades, nobody looking at me, no eyes, no thoughts, just feelings. I feel comfort and safety. What is causing this? This feeling of pure solace? I try to turn, but a strong grip stops me.
Warm breath flutters over my hair and neck, goosebumps ripple over my skin causing me to shiver. I feel fevered, but not in a manner of sickness. One thumb grazes my arm, delicately kissing my skin in a show of affection.
Comments
Post a Comment